Official commencing of SCISSOR project
The SCISSOR project (security in trusted SCADA and smart-grids) commenced officially on 1 January 2015. The project is funded as part of European Commission’s “Horizon 2020” Programme. The AGH Department of Telecommunications is one of nine participants in the project consortium.
The aim of SCISSOR is to design the next generation of Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA).
The Data and Multimedia Processing Team, headed by Professor Andrzej Dziech, is leading the Work Package dedicated to monitoring layer technologies and solutions. The following components will be designed and developed by the team as part of this Work Package:
· Mechanisms of the acquisition and transmission of video data from multiple cameras of different types (CCTV, infrared);
· Automatic recognition of objects and their characteristics and positions;
· Event analysis system – the development of requirements and methods of data analysis and decision-making with regard to the integration of information from multiple sources;
· Privacy protection of processed and transmitted digital data using digital watermarks;
· Event analysis system – integration of algorithms, and implementation and evaluation of a module to generate data for visualization and decision-making;
· An integrated system for processing and storing data.
The AGH team will also be involved in other activities, including:
· System control and monitoring;
· Validation and demonstration performed on an advanced SCADA platform in real world situations.
AGH’s work on video surveillance has a significant practical interest, and it will strengthen ties with industry.